Tent & Event Rental FAQs
How do I determine which size of tent rental to choose?
Determining the size of the tent rental you need is sometimes best suited for one of our sales reps, who have years of experience. However, there are some quick formulas that may help you guesstimate.
Things to consider:
- Determine the style of tent you would like (freestanding or takedown)
- Consider the number of guests attending your event.
- Envision the style of event you want to have, whether it’s a sit-down formal, stand-up cocktail, casual, or half stand up/sit down.
- Banquet tables require 10 sq. feet per guest.
- Round tables require 12 sq. feet per guest.
- Cocktail Party/Standing require 5-6 sq. feet per guest.
- Cocktail Party/Seated require 10 sq. feet per guest.
- Reception/Partial Seating requires 8 sq. feet per guest.
- Cathedral seating (rows) requires 6 sq. feet per guest.
Multiply the number of total guests by the square footage requirement for your table rentals.
Add square footage needs for the following:
- Buffet Lines are 50 sq. ft. per 8 ft. table.
- Dance Floor (20x20) is 400 sq. ft.
- DJ is approximately 100 sq. ft.
Tent Rental Calculator
- Use our tent size calculator to find the perfect tent rental for your event.
When will Great Lakes Tent come to set up my event?
Most often, we come one to two days before your event; however, in some circumstances, we may show the day of. Delivery times are at our discretion (unless otherwise specified).
Why are tent and event rental delivery times at the discretion of Great Lakes Tent?
The reason we choose the times and dates is due to event rental availability and our busy season, which is from the end of May through August. We have anywhere from 50-95 deliveries between Thursday and Friday for just Saturday events. At Great Lakes Tent, we strive to be organized and efficient to give each event the optimum amount of time for a perfect setup.
When will Great Lakes Tent let me know what day my tent and event rentals are being delivered?
We will call you early in the week, before your event, typically Monday or Tuesday. Sometimes we’ll be able to let you know sooner than that.
What if I need the event and tent rentals delivered at a specific time and on a certain date?
We do offer the option of picking your time within a time frame of two hours for an additional fee of $25.00. We will send a truck with your tent and party rentals dedicated just for your special event, for your convenience.
What should be done on the customer’s part before the event rental delivery?
1. Make sure you have someone lined up to receive the event and tent rental on the day of delivery. If no one is going to be home, please have the area of the tent marked. Otherwise, our team will put the tent up where they feel is the best location.
2. Make sure arrangements are made for payment for the event and tent rental. (Payment is due the day of delivery and may be processed ahead of time).
3. Please have your grass cut the day before the event setup.
Will Great Lakes Tent employees carry the tables and chairs downstairs?
No, the table and chair rentals will not be carried up or downstairs unless prior arrangements have been made (not even one table or ten chairs). We are sorry about that, but there is too much liability involved in going up and downstairs (we don’t want anyone injured). We will drop off the tent and event rentals as far as the truck can back up. Normally the garage or under the tent is within 10 feet of the truck. If you want your party rentals carried further, you must make other arrangements before your event.
I want a green & white tent rental with white chairs to match; do I need to specify?
Yes, please. You will have to specify if you want a specific color tent or if you want a white tent. If you want something special, we have no problem tailoring your event rentals to your ideal color theme. Just make sure to let us know before all the tents rentals are unavailable.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at (586) 773-9013.